Teeccino

Monday, April 14, 2008

Twicebabies and PapaNana

This Thursday, my Mom and Dad are driving up to see their twin grand babies, myself and my hubby for a week. I love it when my Mom and Dad drive up for a week. Sometimes, I wish they could stay for two weeks.

When my twins were preemies and still very small infants, my Mom and Dad stayed with us for two months. It was just the best gift ever.

If you have never had twins or babies born close together in age, them you have no idea what it means to have your Mom and Dad at your home, helping in the feedings, burping, diaper changes and letting you get an hour or two of sleep.

Well, now that those days are over, honestly, I thought they would never end, my husband and I are able to sleep like we used to before our twins arrived, two month early.

But I digress...

I am so looking forward to seeing my Mom and Dad. The last time we saw each other was in January, for New Years Eve/Day.

It is not as if my parents never see their granddaughters, I sent the photos online all the time. But, can you hug and kiss a photograph? Yes, but it does not hug and kiss you back. When my parents come over this week, they will be able to spend some time with them, walk with them, take them to the park and maybe let me get a couple of hours to myself.

Yeah, it is a shame we live 370 miles away from each other.

Oh well, my Mom moved from North Carolina to California after meeting my Dad when he was in the Army. So, it was probably inevitable that one of her daughters, me, would meet her future husband in a different part of our state and move up to marry him. My Mom moved 3000 miles away from her family as I moved only 370 miles away. Still, if you do not live in the city limits near your family, or even an hour away, that is too far from your family.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment