Teeccino

Monday, June 25, 2007

Potty Training Your Twins

When my twins were 18 months old, that was last month, I purchased two singing potty chairs.

Will, at first I only had one, but as you know, babies always fight over the same toy or same shoes or same whatever. So, I had to go get another potty chair that sings.

Well, let's just say they are not ready to use their potty chairs yet and I am not pushing them to do so. I figure once they learn to speak in sentences and speak English, they will be more inclined to learn and understand what it means to sit on the potty and release whatever needs to come out into the potty chair.

I found a helpful article at this website, Multiple Births Families, about potty training your twins. At this time in my twins life, I am correct in waiting to train them to use the potty when they are at least 2 years of age.

With my twins, I have noticed they do the following when they have to go potty:

  • touch their private area
  • quat down
  • circle around for a while
  • look at me and touch their private area again

No, these are all signs they are ready to be potty trained, but you can only lead a horse to water..you know the rest....

So, even if you want them potty trained right this instant, it is not up to you, but when they are ready to release the pee pee into the potty.

Happy potty training to you and your sweet twins....





No comments:

Post a Comment