Teeccino

Thursday, May 27, 2010

TwiceToddlers and Mimicking Every Word

It has been, well going on, thirty-six years since I was a four year old. Asking me if I recall being a four year old is just not necessary. I do not recall being a four year old, but my parents, Gramma and Aunt's certainly do. They will remind me that when I was four years old, I too liked to mimick them. By this I do not mean by repeating a bad word. I mean by repeating sentences I say.

Well, over the past could months, my twins have decided it is fun to mimick Daddy, Mommy and Nana. Here is an example: "No, you can't go outdoors right now, it is raining and I don't know when it will stop." My twins, not at the same time, will as I am speaking these words, say it along with me.

At first, I found it funny. After a while,it gets annoying. But, I have to say, this is much better than if my twins were to repeat any word that they should not be saying.

Do your toddler's do this too? Repeat every word in your sentence? If so, do you like it, does it make you laugh or cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment