Teeccino

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TwiceToddlers and Hooked on Phonics Lessons

This afternoon, Twin "A" picked up the Hooked on Phonics box and said, "Mommy, let's play with the letter's". She said this when she and her sister, Twin "B", got home from preschool. I said, "Alright, after your nap we will "play" with the letters." After an hour and half nap, Twin "A" got up and brought me the "Hooked on Phonics" box. I told Twin "A" we will wait until her sister wakes up so we can "play" with the letters altogether.

In no less than 5 minutes, did Twin "B" wake up from her nap, and Mommy went to get her laptop. The CD with the "HOP" lady talking on it is in my laptop. Since it had been two weeks since we did the first part of "HOP", we began again, from the beginning.

My twins had a good time learning, but they are not fans of repetition. I told them "You have to repeat the letters and sounds more than once, so you will learn and remember what each letter sounds like." I told them, "This is how everyone learns anything new."

Well, my twins actually did quite well today. In fact, they pretty much picked up where we left off two weeks ago. So, they were able to get the the pages 6 and 7 of the Yellow Book.

On Thursday, we will hopefully get the the pages with the small stories, for pictures and under each frame is one or two words.

Go TwiceToddlers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment