Teeccino

Thursday, June 26, 2008

TwiceBabies are Bright!

My husband and I have come to the conclusion that the reason our twins are so bored is because they are so bright. They constantly need something to occupy their minds and curiosity. That is why they love watching their educational DVDs on Comcast Cable.

The DVDs they love to watch are by Brainy Baby, 1st Impressions, Baby Genius and so many more. They already know their ABC's and 123's at two and a half years old.

It would seem that boredom allows for the brain to grow and retain important life long information. Such as letters, numbers, colors, shapes and animals.

Recently, I read an article by an MD and director of Center on Media and Child Health on the Parents.com website. This MD thinks he is the authority on a child's learning curve. He says no child under 2 years old should watch television and that their brains do not retain the information they see or hear anyway.

Well, I am all against that because my twins, since they were 4 or 6 months old have been watching the Praise Baby Collection DVDs which was put together with a child development 'expert' to teach infants and toddlers colors, shapes, animals, ABC, 123 and other things in our world.

Without these series of DVDs, Brainy Baby and others like this, my twins would not already know their ABCs or 123s. Of course, Daddy and Me, Mommy, sit with them and show them each item on the DVDs. Our twins love for us to sit with them and teach them what is in our world.

Also, I it is a parents job, not the school, to teach their children. If I could bring myself to do it, I would home school. But, I do not think this is where the Lord wants my children when they are of age to attend pre school. Although, I will be putting my twins in private pre school to learn about Jesus, not Darwinism. I will also be ordering Christian based materials for me to teach my twins at home, on my own time.

I will not allow my twins to be re wired to learn things I and my husband do not believe in.

God Bless Mommy's and Daddy's who love training up their children in the ways of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment