Teeccino

Thursday, August 26, 2010

TwiceToddlers Mom and Girls Night Out

When last year's bible study ended in May, we always plan to meet for either dinner or dessert once a month in the summer months. This year, I was only able to meet this month, tonight to be exact. Let me just say, it was awesome! Not only did I get to see two of my bible study friends again, one of my bible study friends we see each other all the time, but we shared how our summer has gone and one of my bible study friends got engaged! She got engaged to a guy friend she has known all her life.

We also talked about one of my friends surgery she had this month to remove her appendix which she is still recovering from. Her Mom was so sweet to come up and cook for her and her family since she has been out of commission.

We had our girls night out at The Olive Garden. I love that restaurant. Instead of dinner, we each had an appetizer and of course, dessert! I and my bible study friend who got engaged, each got this cool new appetizer called the Lasagna Fritta. Oh my, it is made of Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. It was amazing and should actually be eaten as a dinner or shared with two or more people. I was hungry and ate all six pieces. When it came to dessert time, I had ordered the Triple Chocolate Strata. This dessert looks amazing and is a Classic Italian chocolate torta layered with creamy mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache. But, it looked like I was not the only who liked chocolate because they had no more. So instead of this delicious dessert, I ordered the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. This was good, but nothing beats chocolate.

When it came time to pay the bill, our dear friend who got engaged over the summer paid the bill! That was awesome and such a blessing. Paying the bill, just like our God paid the bill for us.

Anyway, I had a wonderful evening and can't wait to do this again and again and again. I really need to get out of the house more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment