Teeccino

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TwiceToddlers and Their Reading List

On my twins second day of Kindergarten, they brought home a red piece of paper with apples on them. Inside these apples were 6 lines each. These apples and the lines represent the number of books that will be read to them each month.

Starting this month, I have read 6, going on 7, books to them each day or night. Reading books to them is always part of their homework. I really love reading books to them. When my twins were younger than they are now, I used to read all the time to them.

When my twins got older, reading to them slowed down a bit. Now that they are in kindergarten together, their reading schedule has picked up again. My twins LOVE it. It is a shame me reading to them slowed down, but now, they each bring home a book from their classroom's library.

Some of the books they choose are long winded and others short and easy to read. When reading to my twins, they put their head on my shoulder and say, "I love you Mommy." In return, I say, "I love you too "E" or "A"".

No comments:

Post a Comment