Teeccino

Monday, March 22, 2010

TwiceToddlers and Playdates

On Tuesday's, after ballet class, my twins and Mommy, have our play dates. Every other week, our ballet class friends come to my home and then every other week, we go to our friends home. Our girls play either indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather, eat some lunch, play some more and the Mommy's chit chat about what is happening in our lives. Or play date time usually lasts between two and three hours. Believe me, this is all the time we need to play. After three hours, they natives become restless.

My twins love play dates and so do I. Even though my twins have each other, which is great, it is always nice to have more friends and play dates.

Speaking of siblings, I always wondered what it must be like for those children who have no sibling to play with. They must lead a very lonely life. I remember, back in the 70's, up until my sister was born, I was alone for the first four years of my life. I loved it when my sister came along and I finally had a playmate. Of course, it took a while for me to actually play with my sister, but I had a playmate nonetheless. I am so blessed to have my sister and to have my twin girls, who have each other. It is just wonderful seeing them play, or fight, together (which is what siblings do) inside our home or outside playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment