Teeccino

Thursday, March 25, 2010

TwiceToddlers and the Charter School

Since my twins were infants, I had asked this charter school down the street from me when I could send in my application. It was not until this February that I was able to send in my twins application for admission.

Well, this month, on March 17th, both my hubby, myself and my twins went down to the school and with a class full of parents, waited to hear our names drawn from this basket. Well, you would think that with both my twins trying to get into this school at least one would be accepted. I mean, we had a two out of one shot of being accepted, but no, with this lottery system, not even ONE of my twins names was drawn.

It made me sick to my stomach. I wanted to cry, I was so livid. I mean, now I will have to register my twins at this elementary school my husband went to in kindergarten.

A week later, if I am not mistaken, we received a letter from this charter school showing our twins both at 21 our of 30 in the waiting list. Well, how sweet is that. I wonder if my twins will ever get in now. Honestly, how on earth did we get to 21 out of 30 on the waiting list?

Before we drove to this school, my hubby asked if we wanted to pray. I just said, "Thy Will be done Lord" and I guess this was His Will. He knows more than I do about this school and what is best for my twins at this time. Needless to say, I am still livid, but am willing to live with what the Lord has in store for my twins education, even in kindergarten in the Fall of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment