Teeccino

Monday, April 19, 2010

TwiceToddlers Mom and Honey Bees

This morning, as I was checking out my new Samsung cell phone and looking for some ring tones to download, I hear this buzzing going on in my home. At first, I thought it was just flies. But the buzzing sound was different than a fly. So, I got up and went to investigate that sound.

Well, lo and behold, there were Honey Bees in my home. Now, they could have come in my home from last night or through my fireplace. We have this pretty blueberry bush on our long driveway which is in bloom right now. There were a lot of honey bees swarming this blueberry bush last night and this blueberry bush is right at the door to our laundry room.

As I was investigating the sounds, I went to the fireplace, opened the glass doors and there were two Honey Bees on the black grid door. Well, I was not going to kill these bees because we in America are losing our Honey Bees like rapid fire. So, instead of killing them, I went and got a plastic cup and paper towel. With the plastic cup, I put the bees, one at a time, in the cup and placed the paper towel over the top. Then, I opened my front door and let the Honey Bees go.

There were three Honey Bees in my living room. Two in the fireplace and one on this big window over my dining table. They did not sound mad, they just wanted out I am sure. So now, they are free and able to do what Honey Bees do best, pollinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment