Teeccino

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Right Mixer Makes All the Difference in your Receipe


My Grandma, at Christmas, always makes Snicker doodles. She has her own recipe and when I was little, I remember being in the kitchen with her making these delicious cookies that everyone loves to gobble up.

The ingredients my Grandma uses in her recipe are:
1 Cup of Shortening
1.5 cups of sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups of flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp salt

We would mix the shortening, sugar and eggs together. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture, Chill dough. Roll into balls the size of a small walnut. Roll each ball in a mixture of 2 tsp. sugar and tsp. cinnamon. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft. Bake @ 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Hamilton Beach® Mixer

I am not sure which mixer she used to blend the ingredients, but I do recall her always showing me how to add the ingredients to the mixer one at a time, then blend the butter with the sugar and salt. Grandma would sometimes add a sizable amount of tartar to her recipe to make them extra special.

Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer

These are the very best Snicker doodles you will ever have and I am sure they always tasted even better because my Grandma used her mixer to make sure all the ingredients had the right consistency. I believe my Grandma still has her over 50 year old mixer and still uses it today for whatever her cooking or baking need is.
Eclectrics® Mixer

The Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer of today I can tell you was not like my Grandma's. First of all, her was just black with a silver lining around the bottom and the cord was wrapped with some sort of material. Kind of like her ironing machine. Today's Hamilton Beach®Stand Mixer comes in colors to match your mood or kitchen decor. The one I have is the Apple Model. I purchased the Apple Model Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer because it matches my mood. There are more colors you can pick from such as Silver, UltraMarine, Pineapple, Sterling and Licorice.

Another thing, my Grandma's mixer only had one mixer head which made mixing dough not always an easy task. When you use the Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer, you are provided with a Flat beater, dough book and wire whisk for versatile mixing. If you are afraid of making a mess all over your counter, the 2 piece pouring and splatter shield is one awesome invention to ease your stress of cleanup. Also, say you are baking or cooking and your children are napping or down for the night, the quiet operation will be a blessing to you and your little ones.

All I have to say is, this is the only mixer you will ever need to own. It is great and not bulky or all counter consuming either.

No comments:

Post a Comment