Teeccino

Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Twins and Their Two Year Check Up

Today, my twins had their two year check up and they, even being born preemies, have all but met the "requirements" of being a healthy two year old. I put requirements in quotes because my twins do not know 50 words yet, probably 30 at most.

One of the questions was can they put phrases together and I said yes, they saw "Thank You" and "I'm Sorry", along with "What's Up With That" and "Probably".

Oh, and my twins doctor confirmed that two year olds will not have a steady diet because they are finicky on a daily basis and they have lots of temper tantrums.

Well, that just put my mind at rest...a little bit.

She also asked if they are ready to be potty trained and do they let you know when they have to go potty. I said no to the first and yes to the second question. She said for us to just not push it, but that when they get ready to take a bath and once they are ready to get into the bath, see if they will sit down on the potty because this is when they are most likely to go to the bathroom with more ease.

One of the twins is 2 pounds lighter and 1 inch taller.

She said all is well and she will see them next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment