Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Twins+Teeting=Biting?

Well, so far, I have only witnessed one of my twins biting the other twin.

Could this biting trend be from teething or because one twin is mad the other twin has something she wants?

It could be both.

Since I have not teethed since the early seventies, I really can not recal what it feels like to be cutting teeth.

But, I can say with certainty that it must hurt like crazy. I mean, cutting teeth makes you cranky, run a fever, lose your appetite, have diarrea, and makes you want to chew or bite anything and all things you can put your new teeth on; including but not limited to your sister for having a toy you want.

Before I knew what was happening, Twin B had bitten Twin A on the back and left a bite impression on her back without breaking skin. This in turn made Twin A cry big crocodile tears.
When this happens, which is not that often anymore, I take Twin B by both arms, look her in her eyes and say, "Twin B, we do not bite. Biting hurts, do you want to feel a bite on our arm or back? This will stop today." I do this along with flcking Twin B on her cheeck until it stings. She has to know this is unacceptable behavior.

If you do not know, a human bite is the worst bite anyone could ever get. The human mouth of full of vile things that could be transferred into another persons bloodstream and that person could become sick. Especially if the bite were to break skin. Then there could be a cause for alarm because of the types of bacteria and viruses contained in the human mouth. Mayo-Clinic on the human bite.

So, when you catch one or both your twins biting each other, you have to be very serious and take the proper action to nip it in the bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment