Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Twins eating....or not

Getting my twins to eat is like pulling teeth...or cutting teeth!

I never thought it would be so difficult to feed little babies. I sit them each on a highchair, put on their bibs and expect to feed them. But do they want to be fed? No. They turn their heads, smile and turn their heads, they kick and scream and they have their arms flailing all over and drop the spoon filled with food. This does not make Mommy a happy camper at all.

Now, I am finally understanding when they are teething, eating is the last thing they want to be doing. Especially when their molars are coming in.

So, sometimes, I just have to make them eat because if I do not, they will yawn more than usual because their little bodies are not getting any nourishment.

I look at them in the eye and say, "Look, you have to eat, you are not even chewing this food, just swallowing it. I need to you swallow this food." So they look at me and know I am serious and I just keep putting the food in their mouth.

Sometimes, being a Mommy of two teething babies who refuse to eat and not all fun and games. You have to let them know you are Mommy and will make them eat for their own good. The more they eat, the less sleepy they will be and will be able to play more.

Mommies are a teething babies last line of defense in staying healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment