Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Twins and Toys (aka sharing)

I must be a romantic at heart. Well, I know I am and now you do to. I say this because when I see my twins "playing" together, I honestly see them playing nicely and kindly to each other.

Does this really happen you may ask?

It happens, few and far between.

They, like all children their age I am sure, always want the same toy! Why is it this way you may ask? The only thing I can think of is jealousy and being a human being, we all have a selfish nature. We always seem to want what some else has. This is also called coveting.

Wtih babies or twin babies, at this age though, they do not yet have this concept. So, taking away a toy a sibling has or a playmate has is just something that will happen.

This by no means is right, so as Mommy or Daddy, we need to show them this is not nice or right and divert their attention to a different toy.

The funny thing is, in my household, we have two of the same toys in the smaller toys that is, and they still fight over them.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is just a good opportunity for us Mommies and Daddies to stretch our parenting skills and show our sweetie pies right from wrong because we are the only ones in society who will teach them this.

We are always our childrens last line of defense for anything. Even when it comes to taking a toy and making sister cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment