Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Twins in the Park

Okay, so when my twins were between 6 and 10 months old it was easy to take them to the park. This is because they were not walking yet.

At these ages, they were crawling. Now, when I went to the park with them, I would put out a blanket and place them on the blanket with some of their toys. After a while, they would crawl off the blanket and onto the grass. Even at the stage they would crawl like crazy and I had a fun time catching up with them. But, it was not as difficult as is has been for me with them walking.

When you twins begin to walk and you take them to a park, all I have to say is "be prepared".

They will run you ragged and run in two different directions.

Sometimes, I think I am naive or just a dreamer because I honestly thought it would be easy taking my twins to the park and having fun with them. But that is a false reality.
If you even think of taking your twins to the park, please take along a friend or family member. Or, if you do go alone, make sure your park visit is less than 20 minutes.

When I go to the park with just my twins, I put them on the swings for about 5-7 minutes, let them play on the slide, walk around in the swing playplace and then, with them kicking and you guessed it, screaming, I put them back in their stroller and we walk back home.
Remember, you are the Mommy, not them, and you are responsible for their saftey and wellbeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment