Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pregnant with Twin Girls

When I found out I was pregnant with twin girls, I was very excited to say the least. My Grandma had twins (B/G) in 1954 so, I knew at least one of her granddaughters would be able to have twins.

As long as I could remember, being a little girl, I prayed and prayed that I would be the one to have twin babies in the family.

In 2005 when I found out my hubby and I were [pregnant, with twins, I was over the moon and praising the Lord. Even though I had prayed for ever, I honestly did not think my prayer would be answered. But I guess we are not to question God because He always come through, IN HIS TIME.

At two months, I was showing like a woman at seven months would be showing. My girfriend from church said I must be having twins because she did not begin showing until her seventh month.

Once my hubby and I went in for our offical sonogram, the lady at the sonogram machine asked if I had twins in my family. I said, with a smile in my voice, YES! She then showed us the two seperate sacks and the little babies inside. It was hard to see at first, but the more photos she took , I was able to see clearly.

During my pregnany, I must have drank 32-64 oz of water 2-3x daily to keep me and my twins hydrated and at times. I also ate tons of fruits and ice cream. I loved ice cream like nobody's business. But the one thing I could not stand was garlic and garlic was like my favorite spice or ingredient to any reciepe.

I loved being pregnant! I loved my friends and strangers asking when I was due and what was I having. I loved it when they would touch my belly and say, "You are having Twins? " I guess to them I was not big enough to be carrying twins.

My O/B's were shooting for a 38 week delivery of my twins but my twins would have no of that. On the day I delivered my girls, I was talking to my Mom on the phone and she was asking how I felt. I said fine, but that I felt I had to use the restroom all the time. You see, my OB's did not want me takingI lamaze classes so I had no idea what it would feel like to go into labor or have contractions.

Anyway, when I got of the phone with Mom, my hubby called me from work. He had to work that Saturday. I told him I was not feeling so good and that I was on my knees and against the bed.

He told me to call my doctor right away. So I did, she called back, as she was on call at the hospital, and told me and my hubby to come in at once. Okay, so my hubby came home and we drove to the hospital. I was in so much pain, my contractions were like 3-4 minutes apart. Although, at the time I had no idea they were contractions.

My hubby strolled me into the Maternity Ward where my O/B was sitting at the front desk. She had me weighed, then placed on a gurney. I was then rolled into a room and hooked up to a monitor and given an IV. Then I was given a shot of magnesium to open my twins lungs and to prevent my contractions from coming on too fast.

Since my twins were coming soon and the hospital I was at did not accommodate preemies, I had to be driven by ambulance to a neighboring hosptial that did.
By the way, I was in week 32, so my twins were delivered in the seventh month.
Once at the hospital, the attending O/B said he wanted to wait at least 48 hours. I looked at him and said, "Are you crazy, these babeis are coming today". And, they did. On November 5th at 8:33PM and 8:34PM.

They were in the NICU for two weeks in an incubator, on an oxygen and respirator machine while gaining weight and being cleared for discharge to go home.
Today, my twins are 17 months old and loving Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Nana, Grammie, Poppa and life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment