Teeccino

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Preemie Twins are different:Tummy Time, Sitting and Crawling

Because my twins were born at 32 weeks instead of 38 weeks like my OB wanted, they were a month behind on most of their development.

But, a month behind is a lot better than a year behind. Being a year behind is the standard for most preemies per my OB.

My hubby and I did not even begin to show them how to view the world on their tummy until they were 5 months old. Then, once they got that down pat, we moved to them sitting on their bottoms and seeing the world from our perspective.

Because they were stil so small and oh so chubby wubby, we had to place them in between our legs to keep them upright.

Once they were able to sit on straight without any help, this was at six months mind you, my hubby and I began showing them to crawl. At first, they crawled backwards for the longest time. I would say 2 weeks. So, I would push their legs in a forward motion. Eventually they got the hang of it.

Once they, two weeks apart in their learning style, got the hang of it, there was no stopping them.Talk about an extensive workout, my twins were my free exercise routine, daily

No comments:

Post a Comment