Teeccino

Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Twins and their favorite DVD's


Do your twins have a favorite DVD they like to watch? If so, what is it and do they know they are learning when they watch their favorite DVD?

In a previous post, I am sure I talked about the Praise Baby Collection DVD's. Well, when my girls watch these DVD's, they have really learned so much. Yes, these DVD's are Christian developed with the Christian songs on them, and this is wonderful in and of itself. But, these DVD's also show babies 0-36 months primary colors, B&W shapes, animals like elephants, rhinos, giraffes, dogs, kittens, birds, butterflies, sea stars, hippos, airplanes, trains...I could go on and an on.

Well, in this one DVD, God of Wonders, my twins have watched it so much they know the next clip before it even begins. Take this for instance: There is a scene where two little girls are playing with blocks and even before the next clip comes up, my twins are saying, "Go", for Goat and in the next clip there is a goat!!

They do this for two other clips as well. And, they know when the train clip is coming up and they say, "Choo Choo."

Oh, it is so cute and the funniest thing is, Twin "B" knows when the final clip of the DVD is and gets off the BIG CHAIR with Daddy and walks or runs to the door entrance of our family room and watches for the ending, waves bye bye to the little girl and says, "Ni Ni" walks to her bedroom with Twin "A" in tow.

My goodness.....is that amazing or what?

I find it amazing....not just because they are my girls, but because children learn so quickly. Their brains are not cluttered with all the stuff we have in our brains, yet. Their minds, are literally a clean slate.

It is so nice too having these DVD's and a new DVD is our called My Fathers World, which I am thinking of getting them for their up and coming birthday.

Now, I am not one of those Mommy's who likes to let her children watch TV either. I prefer them playing outside, but they get their morning and evening fix of these DVD's and they are good to go...

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment