Teeccino

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Twins and Church Today

Today, as we dropped off our twins at the nursery, Twin "B", while holding my hand, began to get heavy and walk backwards. It was the weirdest thing.

Then, as Daddy lifted her sister and her up to put them in the gate, Twin "B" began to cry. This did not happen the last two weeks.

But, after service, which was excellent by the way, and we picked up our darlings, they were both happy and giving their blankets to other kids who were crying.

Oh........


Anyway, because our Pastor's wife, I think, gave birth to their third child, he was not there today. Instead, another pastor, our college youth pastor spoke today on Pain. He talked about how we are blessed to feel pain because leprosy patients can feel no pain and do not know when they've hurt themselves. He said pain is a gift from God, or something like this. Then, he spoke about Paul and the thorn in his side. Some say his pain was vision loss,but we really do not know. He also talked about Job and the pain he was inflicted with by losing his children and wealth. God had allowed all this suffering to happen and yet, Job remained strong in the Lord.

Wow, how many of us can say we would stay strong in the Lord after losing everything or being diagonsed with a disease that could potentially kill us?

Oh, then he talked about Corrie Ten Boom and one of her sisters in a German Concentration Camp just because their family helped the Jews escape. He talked about how the guards never came to their cell because they did not want to get bitten by flees, which Corrie had complained about and her sister had said, "Thank the Lord in all things"...or something like that...I am sure I misquoted this part of the book and their reality.

At the end of service, our pastor showed us a movie titled, "Rain" by Rob Bell. The movie was Rob's one year old son as they took a morning walk in the woods. Then, all of a sudden, the skies turned dark and rain began to fall down on them. At this time, Rob's son was in a backpack on his back and he began to cry. He cries were earpeircing as Rob explained while they walked in the rain. Rob stopped and took his son off his back and cradled him under his jacket all the while whispering to him saying, "I love you and and Daddy knows the way home."

Oh my goodness! Tears came gushing down my eyes...

You know, this year, I have had a whole new perspective on lots of things about the past two years of my girls lives and our situations. But this story added the cherry on top. Now, now I will talk to my girls that way when they cry to give them comfort.

Rob said cries are what the Lord hears and wants to comfort us. The Lord wants to heal us and make things all right. Or something like that. Again, I may be misquoting.

But all in all, today was a gift from the Lord.

Thank you Jesus for allowing me to see and hear these wonderful messages. You timing is never off. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. A very touching post. Thank you for sharing your story.

    You have been tagged in "My One Money Advice" in Hin's Tech Corner in this blog post My One Money Advice. Hope you can join us with a post if you find it interesting.

    http://techtheman.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-one-money-advice.html

    ReplyDelete