Teeccino

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TwiceToddlers and Dressing Themselves

My twicetoddlers, A&E, have been dressing themselves for probably four to five months now. Oh and how they love it. The only way they will dress themselves is when they wear dresses or they sleepwear. It seems to be harder for them to dress themselves with shirts and shorts.

It is especially easy for them to dress with dresses that have no buttons or ties in the back. They are so proud of themselves. Twin A and mostly Twin B say, "Look at me Mom, look!" So I look at them and clap my hands. They get a big smile on their faces.

Dressing themsevles is a big deal, just like when they became daytime potty trained. That was a big deal for all of us. For one, they finally learned how to "use the potty" and two, they saved Mommy and Daddy on potty training diapers.

The only bad thing about them "doing it themselves" is, this means they are getting older. They are becoming more independent. This is a good thing, but it is a catch-22 if you know what I mean.

I just praise God for healthy and active twicebabies. They are my miracle twicebabies and my prayer answered. That, I do not take for granted. Just like my health. I do not take my health for granted either.

No comments:

Post a Comment