Friday, February 15, 2008

TwiceBabies at the Park

Today, Friday, my twins and I, Mommy, met our friends at our local park at 10:30 this morning. We has a very nice time playing with their friends. It is always nice to get out of the house when the weather is cooperating, even if we still have to semi bundle up!

Let's see, my girls, and Mommy, went down the Big Kids slide several times and my girls climbed up the triangle rope thingy where they like to touch 'the ball' at the top. It is so cute watching them reach for that ball.

I had made a PB&J for myself in hope of sharing it with my girls and only Twin "A" wanted to have some. She actually was eating the pieces I broke of from my whole sandwich. This is amazing because Twin "A" hates, I mean, hates it when anything is 'halfed'.

Go figure!

Anyway, after an hour and a half, we left all left the park and went our seperate ways.

Before our park meeting today, one of our park buddies called me and was unable to make it, but asked if I could watch her daughter for about three hours while she worked. So, I said sure I would and when I got home from the park and was getting my girls out my friend drove up at the perfect time and was able to drop off her daughter so she could go to work for a while.

For the next three hours, my girls played with their 'girlfriend' in our family room. They played with their LeapFrog table toy, Sit n Spin, Stacking toys and other stuff. After an hour, my girls were tired and had to take a nap, so I put them and my friends daughter down for a nap.

But, my friends daughter was not ready for nap and wanted Mommy, which was understandable. Since she was not sleeping, I walked her out of my girls room to let them nap and we played in the family room until her Mommy came to pick her up.

Around 4:50, I decided to take my twins for a small walk around the block and we stopped to talk to our neighbor across the street, went on our way and would stop, then start again, then stop, then start again. My girls were semi running, then walking, semi running,then walking. It was getting tiresome, for me, so I had to keep them on a short leash, literally.

When we finally came around the corner near out home, at this one home, Twin "A" began touching each stone that was stacked upon each other. When I saw Twin "A" touching each stone, all I could think of was "Monk". You know, from the TV show Monk on USA. I said, great, Mommy has a little Monk on her hands!

That was the end of our day, a walk around the block.

Then, Daddy came home and they ran to Daddy and that is all she wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment