Teeccino

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Local MS Meeting in my City and My TwiceBabies

Last week as I was reading my local newspaper, I found in the classifed area a meeting for MS patients in my city. Now, last year I did see these ads, but like I still am today (a little bit), I was in denial of the symptoms of this disease going through my brain and spine.

Anyway, after seeing the ad once again, I decided to call the woman who heads up these meetings in my city. I left her a message and she called me back some time in the evening. We talked for a long time and I told her I would like to come to the meeting at this particular diner restaurant in my city.

So this morning, I bathed my twins, took my shower, went to the ATM to get some money out and drove to the diner for a meet and greet. The people of this group in my city were only 5, plus the head of the group and myself. That would make a total of 7 people today. Myself and one more person were new to this meeting. I am sure there are others who have MS in my city but like me are in denial of it. I mean, who really wants to admit they have a disease they can not explain and are now taking very expensive drug therapies to keep them alive?

Anyway, I will more likely than not go to another meeting. It would be nice to have a meeting at one of the members homes so my twins can run around because they do not like sitting still. They are only 2!! Full of engery!

God Bless Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment