Teeccino

Monday, January 28, 2013

Twins Without Television: Week 4, Day 1

So it is Monday, the first school day of the week. It has now been three weeks, going on four weeks, since my precious twins have NOT watched television. It really is nice, especially when they do not think about it or complain about not watching it. It, that is exactly what the television is, an IT. It sits on my dresser drawn and it sits on the family room. Now, if you are new to reading this blog thread on the progress of my twins NOT watching television, I began this three weeks ago as an experiment. Mommy does allow her twins to watch television from Friday after school to Sunday evening though. This experiment has extended, without complaint and it is making Mommy a happy camper, indeed.

Now, Mommy has not watch television since last June 2012 and the news for over two years. If I get my news , it is from the Internet, or speciality radio talk shows. Also, if you have been reading my blog thread on no television for my twins, you will have learned that I am teaching them some Spanish and Italian from this software called Learn Italian with babbel.com . I am just teaching my twins these languages for about 30 minutes, as I am learning these languages myself. Right now, my twins are learning some simple words, not really phrases. Mommy also reads to them from these books:. . . If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620
What Your Second Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of a Good Second Grade Education (Core Knowledge Series) and playing this game:  Brain Quest Smart Game (it is FUN to be smart). Now, I do not read and play these all the time, put I am doing all I can to distract them from the television.

I am almost done reading If you Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620 and then begin reading  If You Lived In Colonial Times. I love these history books for kids. I am even learning more information about American history that I never learned, or have forgotten. Of course, our history has been and continues to be re-written, sadly, but it seems to be as close to the truth that I will be able to teach my girls, at home.

So, until Tuesday,

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment