Teeccino

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Seasons With My TwiceGirlies

My goodness, time is a funny thing, isn't it?  Before you know it, your babies are no longer babies. In the blink of an eye, my twins went from 32 week old preemie's, to six year old little girls. What happened to the time in between my twins starting out in life as preemie's, to now energetic and vibrant six year old little girls? In the blink of an eye, in the blink of an eye they are babies no more.In an instant, they went from preemie twins being the most precious, and oh so tiny, newborns laying in my arms, on my chest, on my legs, on my shoulders or on their backs and tummies, to crawling, pulling up, walking and running twins. Seeing my twins grow up right before my eyes has gone by way to fast for me. The good thing is, you can always look back, through photographs, but you can never go back.

It is a shame I did not know a personal photographer when my twins were born. I went to the mall, which was a very, very bad choice. The girl, yes girl, who took one set of photographs of my twins was just awful. I mean, dare I say yuck! I should have sued the company. Now this "photo studio" is no longer in the mall, thank goodness, but there is another one in its place.
The only way I was able to get some really good photographs of my twins was when I took them myself. You know they saying, "If You Want Something Done Right, You Have To Do It Yourself"? Well this is what I had to do. Although, I was not able to take the photographs a real and independent photographers would have take, I did the best I could without all the props and lighting.





Never, ever go to a mall photography studio and trust their "photographer" to take the photographs you want. It is well worth it to have an independent photographer take the most precious photographs of you babies.
But I digress...I totally got of track here. I had to vent a little.
When my twins were a year old, I did hire an independent, professional, photographer who took these photos before they began walking:








So now that my twins are six years old, I look back at their last five years and I just wonder what happened to those years? When did they grow up so fast? By the time my twins were four years old, they were in preschool and learning from their awesome preschool teachers and making friends. In fact, some of the friends they made in preschool are going to school with them today. From age one, my twins have been full of life and always on the go. I think this is one reason why I had to get them into school, for a least three hours a day, three times a week. Then, at age five, I enrolled them in kindergarten. Yeah, they wanted to go and they were ready physically, mentally and emotionally. My twins just have so much energy, I really do not know where they get it from.

Well, another reason why I had to get them into school was because of their fighting. Yeah, I know this is what siblings do, but even when I would separate them at ages one through four, they would, like magnets, become attached to each other...again and the fighting would ensue.

Even as I was playing with them together, my twins would fight for me to play with them one on one. Well, I did play with them one on one, and they would still fight, as I know they become jealous of Mommy spending more time with one twin. From what I have read about twins, their fighting happens more often than singletons do. 

When my twins were conceived, they were in a Womb mates..kind of. Well, they were in their own embryonic sac as they are fraternal twins/who look identical and when they were born, they were one minute apart. So, one would think because they were in separate embryonic sacs they would not fight so much, but this would be the wrong conclusion.

Have you ever heard that song by The Offspring, "Come Out and Play" (you gotta keep them separated)? Oh my goodness, I loved this song in the 1990's and now, well now this song is the theme song for my twins. Okay, okay my twins are no where near what this video depicts, but I still have to keep them separated and this song is always in my head, in fact sometimes I sing the song out loud to them. This video maker should re make this video with twins who are in constant fighting mode. The only time my twins are nice to each other is when they are sleeping.

As I see my twins growing, their facial features are changing as well. How I used to love their soft and squishy faces, their baby fat arms, legs, hands and feet. They had hardly any hair on their heads. When my twins were nine months old, I strolled them to the park and we were sitting on a blanket having Mommy and Twin time, when a girl from the local high school comes walking across the grass asking if they were twins, as people usually do, and I said, "Yes they are". Then she asked, "How old are your twins boys?" I said, "My twins are not boys, they are girls." Then she said, "Are you sure?" I looked at her with a puzzled look on my face and said, "Yes they are girls. Baby girls are not born with long hair." This is the photo I look of my twins that day in the park and they look nothing like boys, even at nine months of age.


Switchfoot, "Gone", gone, like yesterday is gone, like history is gone, just try and prove me wrong and pretend that your immortal...Yeah, I can never go back, just forward and see my precious TwiceBabies grow into the beautiful TwiceGirlies they are at this very moment.

As every season in their little lives are changing, so to are the seasons in my life. As my twins grow up and change into beautiful little ladies in Christ, so to am I changing into the Mommy they need me to be, and I want to be, in Christ because "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 KJV.

Being a Mom of twin girls is a blessing, especially since, as a little I prayed for twin girls, or as my Dad has always called twins, "TwiceBabies, TwiceBabies". Yeah, beginning in grade school, my Dad was walking around the house saying, "TwiceBabies, TwiceBabies" and I would ask him, "What are TwiceBabies?" He said, "Twins!" I said, "Oh!" and that is when I began praying for twins. My Dad has a twin brother and sister, but they have been in Heaven since 1954.
This is one of the main reasons I prayed for twins. Since my Gramma was not able to see and love her precious twins(Thomas Paul and Mary Therese), at least she can still hold and her love twin great granddaughters, just like my Dad, holding and loving his twin granddaughters. My whole family is blessed to have my prayers answered and love my twins as much as I do.
Now, I am looking forward to my twins getting older and seeing them blossom into the beautiful girls God has meant them to be and grow to love Christ as I do. Like I always tell them, and have told them since they were little, "They are the Apple(s) of my Eye"(precious), just as (Jacob)Children of Israel and King David are the "Apple of God's Eye", Proverbs 7:1-3, Lamentations 2:17-19 and Zechariah 2:7-9 (all KJV), and always will be. Along with my twins being the "Apples of my Eye", they are my "Angel Lambs". Yeah, that is a term have also used since they were preemies.
"God is still on the Throne and Prayer Changes Thing"-(Rev. Noah Hutchings-Southwest Radio Church Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment