Teeccino

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TwiceToddlers (No More) and Reading

Reading is fun for my twins, in fact,they like reading to me now. Well, the way they are learning to read is with this thin, six page paper books, with a small sentence or word in front of a tiny picture next to the words.

This way of learning to read seems to be working, but when I talk to my twins, I always sound out the letters and words for them so they know how that letter sounds. In fact, I have been doing this with my twins since they were between 18 months and two years old, until today.

This just sounded like the logical way to speak to my twins too. Is this how you taught or spoke to your twins when they were babies and into their toddler hood years?

Anyway, I read to my twins everyday and they follow along with me in that they copy me, out loud, when I am reading to them. I guess this is the way the are learning to read. I just hope they do not read out loud as their teacher does. That would be annoying for her I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment