Teeccino

Thursday, February 26, 2009

TwiceToddlers and Potty Training

This has not been the easiest trasition for my twins or Mommy. My twins are 3, so I know they understand me when I say "Use the potty, not your pull-up". You see, I have not been putting them in their "big girl underwear" because in the past, they do not tell me when they have to use the potty. Even when they know where it is and how to pull down there pull up and pants.

I can tell they are going potty in their underwear when they look at me funny and are in a squatting mode in the corner of our family room. This is why I stopped putting them in their "big girl underwear".

This mommy is not a fan of cleaning up bodily messes, especially a #2 mess. Yeah, I am not a fan of anything that could cause sickness in me or my twins. This is why I have not wanted to try the "big girl underwear" for a long time.

But, yesterday, after their nap, I changed them out of their pull ups and with hesitation, I pulled out two pair of underwear. One for each twin to put on. As they were putting their "big girl underwear" on I looked at their precious little faces and said, "A&E, when you have to use the potty, where do you go?" They pointed to where the potty was. Then, I said, "Please tell me when you have to go pee pee or poo poo. I do not want to clean up any messes."

So, as the day worn on, I would ask them every 20-30 minutes, "A or E, do you need to use the potty?" "Yes", one would say, so we would walk real fast or run to the potty. I was so proud of my twins, not once did they do any messes in their "big girl underwear".

I only hope this trend will contiune as I really want to stop purchasing pull ups. They are not cheap when having twins...

No comments:

Post a Comment