Teeccino

Friday, January 4, 2008

When Wind, and Rain, Knock Out Power

Beginning at 7:30 this morning, all the power was out on my street. Yup, we woke up to no heat in our home, no alarm clocks going off, not lights on throughout my home and worse than anything at all (not really), no television or Internet access.

Around 11ish, because there was really nothing for my twins and I to do, I decided we take a nap on Mommy and Daddy's bed. So, we went into our room where my twins, gleefully, jumped up and down and off and on our bed as I laid in the middle of the bed, under a comforter. Remember, no heater and therefore, it was cold in out home. I believe the thermostat read 63 degrees.

When my hubby came home for lunch, oh yeah, since my SUV was parked outside, he had to take that to work, he looked all over for us. He called out my name, walked down the hallway to our rooms and at first did not see us. Again, he called my name and finally saw me and our girls laying on our bed, sleeping.

A while after that, Twin "A" and Twin "B" began waking up, so we got off the bed and walked into the family room to see Daddy. Daddy, seeing we were all up, decided to take a nap in our bedroom so we could play or read in the family room.

Once Daddy woke up from his nap and went back to work, I gave the girls a bath. Now, because our home was real cold, I closed the bathroom door, to keep the heat in, bathed them and dressed them in the bathroom as well.

After their bath, we played again, in our family room and I read to them. Around this time, it was beginning to get darker. The only reason I knew this was because I viewed my cell phone.

Speaking of cell phone, since my LAN lane was down, I assumed my cell phone was as well. But, I was wrong. After finding this out, I called my Mom to let her know about or power outage all day. I think I called her around 3:15 to let her know what happened.

Right before my hubby got home, the power came on!

Yeah! Oh, I was so happy because I had lit some candles around the house and added new batteries to the only flashlight in our home I could find.

You know, we really do not know how blessed we are to have electricity to power everything in our homes like the refrigerator, microwave, oven toaster, lights, etc.

One day, mark my words, we will have a power outage like you have never seem and it will be due to EMF's. If you think this could never happen, just try living one day, like I did, without power. Everything we do depends on power.

If you want to learn more about EMF's, research it online right now. I now know what I need for the next power outage in case it is more than one day.

God Bless!!

Winter Storm in my City

No comments:

Post a Comment