Teeccino

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bedtime with my TwiceBabies

Well, since I have twins and not a singleton baby, I had always thought it difficult to sleep with my babies in order for them to go to sleep for the evening.

My sister has always only had a single baby at a time and therefore, it made it easier for her to fall asleep with her babies.

For starters, my twins, individually, did not like to be held at all when they were infants. My thinking was because they were born at 7.5 months and for some reason longed to be inside Mommy still. Their skin was still brand new and very, very soft.

I would do my best,when they were infants, to rock them to sleep. But, no, they did not want to be held. So, there is one of my dilemma.

Fast forward to 2008. My Mom always suggested I lay down with my twins in order for them to fall asleep faster and know I or Daddy are here.

While spending time in SoCal for New Year's Eve, my Dad would comfort my twins by laying on the queen sized blow up mattress with them. They loved it.

Honestly, I did not think they would like it because they always want to play with me and kick and laugh and this and that. But no, tonight, while getting ready for bed, I laid on their queen sized mattress, on the floor, with them and they really liked it. There was no fuss at all and they did feel comforted knowing Mommy and or Daddy was right there with them.

Eventually though, we will have to get them their own toddler beds, but for now, Daddy, Mommy and our Twins like the queen-sized mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment