Teeccino

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Going Nite Nite with my TwiceBabies

For the past couple of weeks, my hubby and I alternate nights of laying down with our twins when it is bedtime.

Tonight, it was my turn and my twins love it. They will lay over my back or my side and kiss my cheek or mouth. They are so sweet.

If my twins would have not had cribs when they were infants, my hubby and I would have been able to lay down with out twins to ease whatever fear they might have had during the night. But, they did not like to be rocked to sleep. I would rock them, individually, to sleep as much as I could, but they were not big fans of the rocking chair. Speaking of the rocking chair, I just had a flashback to a little over two years ago when my hubby and I were in Babies R Us searching for a rocking chair. They was fun, looking for baby products and baby items for their then nursery now bedroom.

Wow, how time flies by when you are having fun.

Today and probably forever, I will see my girls as preemies, in the NICU, hooked up to oxygen and a respirator for two weeks. They were small, but fighters and today, you would not know they were once preemies at 3.8 and 3.13. No, they were on a 22 cal diet for 9 months and they put plenty of meat on their body and today, they weigh 29-30 lbs for being two years old. But oh, they are stretching out so much. I pick them up and say, "Twin B or Twin A, you are getting so long! Where did my infant babies go?"

Oh yeah, infant hood does not last forever, so cherish it because you babies will be toddlers in a blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment