Teeccino

Monday, June 20, 2011

TwiceGirlies and Swim Class Today

My twins are in their second and final swim class sessions. Today they were amazing. Not only did they obey their swim instructor, they performed as requested. When they were asked to swim from one side of the pool to the other, that is what they did. My twins are becoming more comfortable with putting their head under water and kicking at the same time. I have to admit, it does take time to learn how to kick, move your arms and put your head under water at the same time.

I think I was seven when I began taking my first swim lessons in SoCal. My twins began taking swim lesson last summer at four and a half. So, they are three and years ahead of me. Like my twins, who are learning from our neighbor across the street, so to did I learn from my neighbor across the street from me. Although, my neighbor across the street was a swim instructor at the high school down the street from us.

With four more swim lesson days to go, I am looking forward to seeing my twins learn to swim on their backs too. Since this is only their second season taking swim lessons, they might have to wait until next season to learn swimming on their back and treading water.

It is also a good thing my twins like their swim instructor. She is nice, young and patient. My twins like to call her a jungle gym too.

No comments:

Post a Comment