Teeccino

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TwiceToddlers (No More) in Old Sacramento with Mommy and Daddy

Last Saturday we went to Old Sacramento and had a great time. Even though the weather had much to be desired, the twins, Daddy and Mommy had a nice time. We got into Old Sacramento around 11ish which was a good thing. This time, we actually found parking in Old Sacramento, instead of parking in the parking structure adjacent to Joe's Crab Shack.

Speaking f Joe's Crab Shack, we ate there for lunch and it was great, as always. We made reservations and were seated in 15 minutes. That is what happens when you get to Old Sacramento early. While we eating, that is when Joe's began filling up. If you have ever been to Joe's, then you know the waiter's dance for their customers every hour. Last Summer my twins danced with our waiter, same as this time. It was so adorable. My twins are really not shy, at all. So, being Mommy, I took photos and a movie of them too. For dinner, I had a Shrimp Trio, Daddy had a plain burger and twins had cheese pizza.

Once out of our car, Daddy fed the meter and we went walking around the street we parked on. I really wanted to take some new Old Fashioned photos of the twins, like did when they were a year old. The photos I took of them were in our local mall though, not in Old Sacramento. The photo packages at the two Old Fashioned stores were too much for me and I was looking for an 11x10 and 8x10 of my twins and individual 8x10's of my twins. Neither Old Fashioned Photo stores offered what I wanted.

Oh well, while walking and looking downtown, we came upon an antique store in a hallway. I love antique shops and wish my city had even one. Daddy went inside first, while the twins ate a BIG colorful lollipop. Before going to the antique shop, we took the girls to a candy store and this is where we got them this BIG lollipop. Daddy found nothing and said it was too small inside. So I went in next and found a lot of cool stuff. I saw an amazing picture frame (too much), some of washers (again too much) and I came upon two old carrying luggage (1 too much and the other, I purchased.) The one I purchased, Daddy said was too much, but it was the perfect price for me. Now if only I could find a Steamer Trunk (at a very reasonable price).

All in all, we had a great day. We love going to Old Sacramento and will go again, once the weather is warmer, no chill and the trains are running.



















No comments:

Post a Comment