Teeccino

Sunday, August 2, 2009

TwiceToddlers Mom Reading on Vacation

Last month, my twins and I went on vacation to see Nana, Papa, Auntie, Uncle, three boy cousins, Great Auntie and GG. On this two week vacation, I was asked to read this cool book about twins called "Chicken Soup for the Soul Twins and More". This book talks about the birth of twins, the trials twins and tripelts have gone through from the beginning of their birth to the end of one of their lives.

One story I read could have mimicked my story. In one of these stories, the twins mother conceived her twins in June 2005 and were born prematurely, at thirty four weeks. Even though we were three months apart in conception, our twins were both born prematurely and stayed in the NICU until our twins reached a safe weight to leave the hospital. Also, this sweet mother was displaced from her home in New Orleans, I do not live in her city and did not have to relocate when pregnant with my twins. This real story was, almost, like a mirror image of my own.

Another story I really loved was about the potty training of triplets. Although I have twins, I know what this mother was going through in the potty training process. I too had more than one potty for my twins training. Instead of stickers, I used M&Ms to bribe my girls to go potty in their potty, not their diaper. I also had my girls drinking liquids all day long.

This is a fun and sentimental book for mothers and fathers of twins, triplets, adult twins or adult triplets. This book is packed with amazing stories of how God is still in control and on the Throne. Even when it seems like all hope is gone, God is there to get us through the rough patches. Even for twins and triplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment