Teeccino

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TwiceToddler "B" No Chicken Pox

As it turns out, TwiceToddler "B" had an allergic reaction to Amoxicillian. The Amoxicillian she had to take to get rid of an ear ache. It was not chicken pox. Thank goodness. From all the 'red dots' all over her body and face, you would think she had chicken pox, but she had no scabs or itchiness. I had chicken pox as a child, age 7 I think, and I remember the scarbs and itchiness.

TwiceToddler "B" was not itching or fussy. The only thing she had was a high fever. The fever began in SoCal towards the end of our vacation with NanaPapa. When Daddy came down to pick us up, the next morning we had to take TwiceToddler "B" to an urgent clinic. These urgent clinics are a joke. Especially if you have health insurance which you are not able to use. My health insurance is through HealthNet (Hill Physicians Group). Now, because this clinic did not contract with Hill Physicians, I was not able to USE MY INSURANCE CARD! What a joke! Tell me, what the heck am I paying this monthly payment for if I am not able to use this insurance at any clinic, anywhere in my state!! Look, I am not even going to go into why I am anti this new health care plan. If I have to go through what I had to on vacation, I can only imagine it being worse under this new health care plan. God Help Us all!

But I digress..Twice Toddler "B" did not have chicken pox, but was allergic to amoxicillian. That was, more or less, a relief as my twins were supposed to begin Pre-K this week. In fact, they missed the first day, Monday, so Daddy and Mommy could make sure her fever, which reared its ugly head again, was gone.

On Sunday evening, Daddy took Twice Toddler "B" to the ER with a very high fever and body heat. The doctor gave her something different than Amox to bring her fever down and get rid of the low lying ear ache. Yeah, the ear ache was still bothering her and that caused her fever.

Well, all I can say is, I am glad she did not have chicken pox. Yeah~

No comments:

Post a Comment