Teeccino

Friday, March 13, 2009

TwiceToddlers Mommy and Daddy go on a Date

Tonight, we had one of our babysitters come over and watch our twins for about four hours. Daddy took Mommy on a date to see a movie. This is a movie Daddy had wanted to see for about a month and it was a surprise to see it still in any theater. We had to drive to Livermore to see the movie in their awesome new downtown plaza. The movie theater was just amazing. Two stories and each movie theatre was small. The surround sound was just awesome too. I give the Downtown Livermore movie theatre 5 stars.

Anyway, the movie we watched was Grand Torino with Clint Eastwood. If you have not seen it and would like to, I will not spoil it for you. There was a lot of foul language and racial slurs in it. By no mean was this film politically correct. For this movie though, I guess it was necessary. I mean, it was a Clint Eastwood movie.

Okay, I will have to spoil the ending for you though. Sorry! As I was driving home, I began to think to myself, then out loud to my husband, about how Walt, Clint's character, died. You see, Walt died for another man. It would be amazing if any man would lay down their life for another. That is, without going to war, etc. Walt was willing to die for his young neighbor and friend. Walt wanted to save him from the life he might never have. Walt did exactly what Christ did for us. Christ laid down His life for us, so that we might live. Jesus was born to live and die on a cross for us. Unlike Walt, Christ rose from the dead 3 days later. Christ loves us so very much He became our sin. That is a loving God.

This is just the way I saw it in the end. This movie, of course, is Hollywood. I wonder if Clint saw the similarities with his character and Christ? Laying down Walt's life so his friend could live.

Something to think about.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment