Teeccino

Friday, November 18, 2011

TwiceGirlies Thanksgiving Holiday Begins Monday

My Twicegirlies begin their Thanksgiving Holiday after today.Yes, they will be home all next week as I am my readers with children will be as well. Wow, that is a lot of children home for a whole week! What will they do, what will parents to do keep them occupied? Oh goodness, let's see, there are baking, craft making, reading, coloring, doing puzzles, reading, play board games, reading, watching movies when the weather begins to drop and possibly walking if it is not raining or snowing.

Last month when my twins girls school had their holiday fundraiser, I purchased some cookie dough: chocolate chip, peanut butter and other flavors. So, with them staying home for a week, we can stay occupied making cookies. My twins love baking and being in the kitchen with me. It is a shame my kitchen is so small. though. There just is not enough room for three people..but we maneuver though the kitchen anyway.

For crafts, I went to Michael's yesterday with my girlfriend and we stocked up on crafts for our kids to do during the Thanksgiving week. Right now, Michael's has individual or packaged, wooded crafts for kids to do. There are some wooden ornament crafts and other wooden crafts for kids to do. There is no need for your child to be bored when they are having fun creating a fun gift for family, friends or their selves.

Of course reading does not have to stop because they are not in school. This is especially true if your children, like mine, are in elementary school and are just learning to read. Scholastic has some really cool Fall and Winter Sight Word books for 1st graders. My twins are proud they are beginning to read. The sight words really help them learn to read and this is the best way for learning to read. I am sure your 1st grader(s) are learning to read this way as well.

So, as the Thanksgiving week come upon us and your children are home for the Thanksgiving week, you now have so ways to keep your children busy, busy and busy..

No comments:

Post a Comment