Teeccino

Friday, February 1, 2013

Twins Without Television: Week 4, Day 5

Alright....TGIF!!!

This is the last day I will be writing about my twins without watching television for a month. I am very proud of my twins for not watching television. There is just so much yuck on television these days, I really do not want them putting that junk in front of their eyes and ears. The television industry is just wicked and the things they are putting in front our children's eyes and ears is horrible, to put in nicely. Even if you do not believe in the things I believe about what is intentionally being put into our children's eyes and ears, it is a shame you do not.

I would love to tell you what I have learned and believe, but you would think I have lost my marble's. The commercials are just as bad, if not worse, than the television shows. Even if you think they are cute, no, there is nothing cute about them. Hidden messages are in every single show and commercial that come from that box in your bedroom, family room or living room.

There are two heavy hitter channel networks, for kids, that really lay it on right in plain sight, if only you are willing to look for the signs.

Anyway, I am just happy my twins are not watching television during the school week. This weekend, they probably only watched 5 hours at most. I am hoping my twins not watching television during the week is really rubbing off on them on the weekend and they will see what a waste of time television is for them.

Alright, so I will begin a new writing series Monday. This will be something just as bad, if not worse, than television and one I find very hard to break myself.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment