Teeccino

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Yummies for TwiceGirlies and Daddy

This Valentine's Day, as Valentine's in the past, I made a heart shaped cake for hubby and some cupcakes for my TwiceGirlies. Since I do not get out of my home as much as I would like, I make my own Valentine's Day gifts, albeit sweet treats, at home. Now, I love baking so this is a nobrainer for me. In fact, I would rather bake than cook a dinner meal. Yeah, I have a sweet tooth and yes, it shows.

So this Valentine's Day, I made a smaller heart shaped cake with vanilla batter. I used vanilla because one of my twins does not like chocolate cake. Even though I made 12 cupcakes and a small heart shaped cake, I still have extra batter left over. Well, I just threw it away because I did not know what to do with it. The last thing I needed was to make something else sweet, right?

Once the cake and cupcakes were done baking, I let them cool for a while, this began frosting them. For my hubby's heart shaped cake, I used white and chocolate frosting. With white frosting I spread that around the siding of the cake and the top of the cake, I used chocolate frosting. On the siding of the cake frosting, I did my best to add some sprinkles, but it did not stick that well. As for the top of the cake, I was able to add a variety of sprinkles, which you will see in the photo I took.

As for the cupcakes, I made 12 an only frosted 6 of them. The last thing I needed to do what encourage my twins to eat them all at once, or in at least three days. I frosted the cupcakes with vanilla and chocolate frosting. I frosted three vanilla and three chocolate. The sprinkles, of course, were easier to apply and I used a variety of sprinkles too.

My husband has yet to take a bite of his Valentine's Day gift...go figure...

My twins only ate one of their cupcakes..

Okay, I just do not get it...what is going on here? I mean, these are sweet treats...My hubby and twins love sweet treats.

My hubby gave me a single red rose. I love red roses and a single red rose is the perfect gift. I did not even ask for anything.





1 comment: