Teeccino

Monday, June 11, 2007

When Mommy wants to take a shower

Last week, Twin A and B were outside the bathroom when I was taking a shower....crying...and crying.....and crying...

Then, Twin B turned the knob and opened the door. I could tell they were inside when I heard their voices getting closer to me.

Oh my goodness, my twins love to be around me, at all times. For some reason, they like to play, but only when I or Daddy are around.

I have to keep telling them to go outside and play...can't Mommy take a shower without in the bathroom? Can Mommy have some time to herself?

Do you think this is still a form or attachment?

Yes, I do. When my sister said her youngest had attachment to her, I thought it was cute, but now that I have babies, it is not so fun.

I was a social science major in college and took 9 units in child development and learned about attachement theory from John Bowlby and Mary Ainsworth. Reading about attachment theory and actually going through it are two seperate things. Readind about and studying it is one thing, but to go through it with your child or children is another.

I love my twins and love them wanting to be near me. It gives me comfort knowing they love and feel secure around me, but it is also nice to have them not haning around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment